Chicago Wealth Club
Code of Conduct & Ethics
Our Commitment to Responsible Real Estate Investing
Chicago Wealth Club members acknowledge that our association is an organization of people whose purpose is to promote our collective real estate investing success through education, networking and community service. The ownership and management of real estate is a highly regulated segment of the free enterprise system of the United State of America. As such, the members of the Chicago Wealth Club must treat this enterprise with the utmost professionalism. Chicago Wealth Club members desire to expand their knowledge of real estate investing and management. In order to pursue these ends in a legal and ethical manner, all members of Chicago Wealth Club will be held to a higher standard of ethical behavior and the highest standard of professionalism and integrity. This includes, but is not limited to the following list of behaviors:
• Chicago Wealth Club members will not intentionally misrepresent any material fact in their business dealings.
• Chicago Wealth Club members should keep themselves informed on matters affecting housing in their community, including local, state, and federal laws.
• Chicago Wealth Club members will create safe and sanitary housing.
• Chicago Wealth Club members will act as positive role models for the professions of real estate investing and housing providers when dealing with tenants, the public, the media, government officials, and all others.
• Chicago Wealth Club members agree to disclose any and all known information about any property that may adversely affect the property value or that may cause the buyer any present or future hardship.
• Chicago Wealth Club members will never market any property that they do not have legal control.
• Chicago Wealth Club members will always seek the counsel of professionals for any issue in which they are not well versed.
• Chicago Wealth Club members will be responsible to complete their own due diligence in all business dealings and will encourage others to do the same.
• Chicago Wealth Club members will not perform or cause to be performed any act which would tend to reflect on or bring Chicago Wealth Club into disrepute.
• Chicago Wealth Club members will not engage in or tolerate other members engaging in illegal practices of any nature.
• Chicago Wealth Club members will consult with their own professional advisors as to risks and legal, tax, economic or investment implications in matters concerning real estate and other investments.
By becoming a member of the Chicago Wealth Club, each member pledges to conduct his/her business in accordance to the guidelines listed above. Chicago Wealth Club reserves the right to review the complaint of any other member, property owner, or resident, and at its sole discretion, reserves the right to revoke membership of any member at any time for any reason.
Dated: January 1, 2010